At caniupdateadobedps.com you can check the status of the current tools and check for yourself wether it is safe to update DPS in a production environment.
For the most users out there, it is recommended to wait for Apple to approve the new version of the Content Viewer first before updating. Then you can test the latest tools on your iPad.
This time I would say: “Wait a little”. At least until Apple approved the viewer.
Pro & Enterprise customers can build their own content viewer already.
I try to keep track of reported issues with the tools to give a guide wether it is safe to update or if there are any hickups during migration.
Update: I added a RSS Feed that you can subscribe to get updates into your feed reader.
And for the sake of typekit I will feature another webfont each release, this time it is Bistro Script Web.